Today was such a beautiful day so we decided to get out and find ourselves a wild tortoise!
I never knew this, but the land surrounding St. George (starting at Dixie Rock and expanding to the north) is an official tortoise reserve. I've been up there many times and have never once seen a tortoise, so Todd and I decided to try and find one. Honestly, I didn't think we were going to find one but as we were walking along the trail, we came upon this lil guy..
I never knew this, but the land surrounding St. George (starting at Dixie Rock and expanding to the north) is an official tortoise reserve. I've been up there many times and have never once seen a tortoise, so Todd and I decided to try and find one. Honestly, I didn't think we were going to find one but as we were walking along the trail, we came upon this lil guy..
I desperately wanted to take him home but apparently that's a federal offense.
So I left him there.
Well, they like to eat the fruit that grows on the cactus.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment