
Well, as I'm sure most of you have guessed we're married now!! Woo hoo! The wedding was perfect and the reception was so much fun! I was so completely exhausted by the
After the wedding, we spent the next week on the island of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. Let me tell you that island is BEAUTIFUL. I fell in love with the place! We stayed at Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort (such a great hotel) and I'd recommend to anyone going to St. Thomas to stay there! One thing to be aware of on St. Thomas are the iguanas. They are EVERYWHERE! I guess you don't really have to be "aware" of them because its not like they are ferocious beasts or anything. In fact they usually run away from you when you get too close, but they are all over the place! Todd desperately wanted to catch one and I just wanted to pet one. Sadly, our attempts at doing so failed. There is always next time though, right?
During our lovely stay we stopped at a local fruit stand. Todd wanted a green coconut to drink the milk from and I wanted some fresh mangoes. I have no idea how much mangoes cost normally but Todd says in Brazil they are 25 cents each. Well, this kind lady charges us $1.50 per mango. Tourists are charged more than the locals! We wanted to try to pass as locals by talking with "de island accent" but our skin color gave us away. So, we took our $1.50 mangoes and ate them happily anyway.
Oh and did i mention that they drive on the left side of the road there! Oh my goodness! It was CRAZY! Todd and I had no idea until we landed and were walking to the parking lot to get our rental car and some cars were driving towards us. We both stopped and Todd said, "Are they driving on the left?" and i responded, "uh.... i think so.." Neither of us were prepared for driving on the left! To add to the craziness, the roads there are narrow, windy, hilly (is that a word?) and there are blind corners, hi
The beaches were beautiful and the weather was amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon. There were great places to eat! Most of the time we stayed at the resort and ate at the restaurants there. We had many candle light dinners and pizza (ha ha).
Now we're home and we're starting to get our house organized! Our house is starting to feel like a home :) We figured out what stake and ward we are in and we're slowly starting to meet the people we live by. Pretty much, life is good! We're happy, healthy, and completely in love! :)
Until next time,
Au Voir
Aww such fun was had by you two :) I don't think I would ever be ok with driving on the left side of the road so I would totally make someone else drive for me ha ha! I'm glad you are getting settled in your new place with Todd. Married life just keeps getting better the longer you are married :) love ya!
ReplyDeleteNeat blog, Jess. I'm glad you had fun on your honeymoon. :) How's married life?
ReplyDeleteYour Blog is cute! I don't know if I could manage driving on the road I can barely manage driving on the right side. Your wedding cake is very cute! Glad you guys had fun on your honeymoon!
ReplyDeleteYou must really be a Miller sis-in-law if you have a blog!!! We just need to get Sveta one! Love the blog and the pictures, you're both adorable!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had fun. Can't wait to meet you, now that you are a Miller. This blog looks a lot like Jane would decorate it, so I think you fit into the family already.
ReplyDelete