"Ya'll watch out for Gators.."

So, rumor has it that there are alligators in the Virgin River. I never heard this rumor until just the other day when Todd told me after we heard some very suspicious noises at a park.. (dun dun dun)

We decided to go to a park one night to get out of the house and explore. When we got there, we discovered a pile of long wooden poles that were pointy on one end. Suspicious right? So I took a picture of Todd holding one like he was going into battle.

The park was surrounded by a wet, marsh land (as many parks down here are surprisingly). We think it was a branch off of the Virgin River. We were walking by the edge of the water watching a hummingbird buzz through the shrubbery, discussing ways in which we could catch it to take it home and make it drink from our hummingbird feeder (if you've read this blog before you know we're been having a rough time with the hummingbirds.. ha ha). As we were standing there, all of a sudden we heard this huge splash come from the river and grass was being pushed everywhere. My first thought, was "oh maybe a bunny is playing in the water" but I thought that was sorta strange.. so then I said to Todd, "I bet it was a Gator!!". (You see, I've been watching way too many episodes of Billy The Exterminator and gators have been on my mind a lot lately..) That was when Todd told me that there is a rumor about there being alligators in the Virgin River.

I'm sad to say that we didn't see an actual Gator, but it'd sure be cool if we did! I bet those pointy poles we found are gator skewers! I fear for those ducks we saw landing on the river.. If there really are gators out there runnin' a muck, those ducks might be their next dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Hey watch out ppl die from gators. But then again... Tim Tebow was a "Gator" mmm he's Hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete