The last week has been a week full of adventures with our parents! On Thursday night, Dan and Angie (Todd's parents) and Grandma Ford arrived at our humble home to spend a few days with us. On Friday morning we got up and went to the St. George Temple to do a session. I love going to the temple! Its so great and so peaceful. The last time I did a session in the temple was when I went through for the first time back in February so I was especially excited to go again to refresh my memory. After the session, we ate lunch in the temple cafeteria (their food is delicious) and then walked around the temple grounds to take some pictures.

The Temple is so bright it makes us look like we're glowing in the picture!

After we went to the temple Dan wanted to go out to Snow Canyon State Park and drive around. None of us had ever been out there before so we just decided to go explore and check out the scenery.

When we got there we went on a short walk up a trail to see some pioneer names that were painted on the rocks with wagon grease. Some of the names date back to 1881! After that, we drove up to the top of the canyon to a scenic overlook where we could see the entire park!

The next morning Dan, Angie and Grandma Ford left for home. A couple hours later, my parents (Greg and April) arrived. My parents had decided to come down so they could bring us some furniture they were wanting to get rid of. The first day they were here we didn't do a whole lot because I wasn't feeling well. While Todd's parents were visiting I had gotten a cold and was still recovering when my parents came. I was starting to feel better though, so on Sunday we decided to go to Snow Canyon State Park and do some hiking. My family absolutely loves hiking. The only problem was Todd woke up that morning feeling sick. I had passed my cold onto him.. (muhahaha). So he decided to stay home while my parents and I went out to do some hiking.

We chose to do the "Three Ponds" hike. It was a really fun hike but a lot of it was in deep sand. I absolutely HATE hiking in deep sand. Its the worst! It brought back memories of a particular hike we did in Capital Reef National Park called "Lower Calf Creek Falls". That hike is 5.5 miles of walking in deep sand. It was horrible but well worth it! I'd like to go back to Snow Canyon again maybe early in the morning when its cooler and do the hike again.

The next day we took my parents up to a hike up above St. George called "Fat Mans Misery" but i'll post pictures of that later. It was so fun to have family come and visit this weekend! It was nice to have people travel to us instead of us doing the traveling. Its finally starting to really warm up and its going to be a great summer! We love visitors so if you ever feel like coming to sunny St. George we'll give ya a grand tour! :)
IM GONNA COME VISIT!!!! Hopefully sometime really soon. I needs a break!
ReplyDelete