Vegas Baby!

This weekend we took off for Vegas! Kelsi had her wedding on Saturday and Ashley's farewell was Sunday! We stayed in the El Cortez Hotel & Casino on Fremont Street! It was soo cool. The "Fremont Street Experience" was pretty awesome. Vegas isn't really our scene, but it was great to walk around and look at all of the lights and see all of the street performers!

This is a picture of the view from our hotel room! Snazzy right? You can see all the dirty spots on the window because you cant open the window very far. I could only open it enough to fit my hand through. Probably to prevent intoxicated people from "falling off" the balcony, right?

I love this bus. I totally wish I could drive it.

The "Fremont Street Experience". Wasn't part of the movie "Summer Vacation" filmed on Fremont Street? For dinner, we ate THE BEST pizza at a little shop called "Piccadilly Circus Pizza". Oh, it was sooo good. Anytime I go to Vegas now, I'm going to want that pizza!

Ever heard of the show "Pawn Stars"? Well, this is the famous pawn shop where the show takes place! We love this show! Amazingly, the pawn shop was just down the street from our hotel! We didn't actually go in because on Saturday there was an ENORMOUS line of people waiting to get in to the shop. The line literally wrapped around the building. We took this picture on our way home on Sunday. I felt like a total tourist taking a picture of a pawn shop in the middle of Las Vegas. ha ha


Seeing all the cool sights of Vegas was fun, but the best part was celebrating a marriage and a mission. Kelsi's wedding reception was so adorable and seeing all of our Dixie friends together again was so fun! Ashley did such a great job on her farewell talk and I'm so glad we were able to be there! Congrats Nick and Kelsi and Good luck Hermana Gibson! :) You'll do great!

Tomorrow, classes start. ..yuck. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment