mmm.. delicious!

Today was a very good day.
I woke up at 8:30, got ready, drank my morning protein shake and was out the door by 9:15 when my classes don't start until noon. Why you ask? Its my new routine!
I went to school and got tons of CIS done. Well, not tons but much more than I was planning.
Then, I went to the gym before my classes! Oh it felt sooo good to work out. I'm completely out of shape but you have to start somewhere right?

When I got home at 3:30, the adventures began...

My dear friend Clare wanted to have a mini FHE with Todd and I. So, she came over and we made the most FABULOUS dinner I have had in a long time. Oh, it was so good. Clare made "Funeral Potatoes" and steamed asparagus. I made Spiced Rubbed Chicken (I got the recipe from my friend Cami's blog.. thanks Cami! haha) and Todd made oatmeal craisin white chocolate chip cookies!

Can you say delicious? Sorry, I don't have a picture of the cookies but I promise you, they are divine.

So, to carry on with my perfect day, as we are sitting at the table eating dinner, guess what I saw? A HUMMINGBIRD!! If you've been following our blog for a while, you are probably aware of our hummingbird misfortunes. So seeing this little guy was a big deal! haha. He was there drinking from our feeder for so long I was able to snatch some pictures.

We named him Hubert. I like to name things, if you couldn't tell. Its weird, I know.

So after we finished our wonderful meal, it was time to get down to business. Our friends Jon & Kenzie had a spare coffee table laying around at their old townhouse. They asked us if we wanted it and of course, we said yes! Now, we needed to borrow Clare's truck to get the coffee table so we decided tonight would be a good night since she was already planning on being with us. The only problem was Jon & Kenzie were going to be busy. So Jon told us just to "break in" and get it. We didn't actually have to break anything though. There was a window that we could open from the outside to have someone climb in to open the door for the others.

So off we went. We got to the house and Clare and I watched as Todd awkwardly crawled through a window. When we got inside we couldn't turn any lights on because the power to the house had been shut off. So we carried the table up the stairs in the dark. It was quite an adventure!
Now we have a coffee table :)

Ignore the mess of books and papers everywhere, school is officially in session. Its a nice table huh! We like it!

Well, that was our day today! :) It was a fun day!

Our next adventure will include a car wash and a garbage can...

1 comment:

  1. The chicken rocks huh! I'm glad you guys were able to use it. And that's a great table for free!

    ReplyDelete