A tender moment...

So the last couple days it has been pouring rain in St. George. I think it has seriously been about a year since we had a storm like this. Ever since I was little, I've been kind of afraid of storms. Well actually when I was little I was extremely afraid of storms and I wish I could say I grew out of that fear, but I haven't completely. Storms still make me nervous sometimes if they're pretty bad. I do love rain, but when it starts to thunder and I can see lightening and its super windy while its pouring rain I get nervous.

So, to get to the story, last night I had fallen asleep while Todd was watching TV in bed. I was in a pretty deep sleep when all of a sudden there was this HUGE crash of thunder that immediately woke me up. It literally shook the walls of our house. I was so terrified! I remember lifting my head up and whimpering, "i'm scared!" Todd immediately pulled me into his arms, kissed me on the forehead and said "Its alright I'm here. Everything is fine." I calmed down and remember thinking "I have the greatest husband" as I drifted back to sleep.

Cute right? I wont lie, it is slightly embarrassing to admit my fear of thunder storms but this was just one of the most tender moments and I had to share it!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment