So a friend of ours at camp named Dakota has a motorcycle. Todd and I love to ride motorcycles and last night we asked if we could take a ride. Dakota said yes so we followed him out to the bike. We had a hard time getting it started and ended up having to pop the clutch to get it going. This didn't seem horrible to me because sometimes bikes have a hard time getting started the first time but then they are fine. So we got it started and headed out on our merry little way. We weren't going to go very far, but we realized that if we slowed down to try to turn, the motorcycle would start to die. So we kept driving until we found a wide enough space where we could turn around and keep enough momentum so the bike wouldn't die. Well, that plan didn't work and the bike died about a mile and a half away from camp. Like I said earlier, usually when they start once they'll start again, but this bike didn't start again. Todd repeatedly tried to pop the clutch to get it started but we weren't in the best area to do this. We were actually situated at the bottom of a hill. So we started walked the bike back to camp and every so often Todd would try to get it started again. Meanwhile Dakota and the rest of the staff were at camp completely oblivious to what was going on and we had no way of contacting them. We walked for about 15 mins when a family in a pickup truck stopped to ask if we were okay. We said we were and they asked if we needed help getting it started or if we wanted a lift back to camp. At first we told them that we were fine but they kept insisting. So the dad got out to help Todd get the bike started. They tried a few different things but nothing worked so finally we decided to accept their offer for a ride back to camp. I'm glad we did because it would have been a bit farther of a walk than I was thinking and it was getting dark really fast. So we loaded the bike and they dropped us off at camp.
Dakota, your motorcycle needs help.
I feel bad for Dakota because he just had a ton of work done on it to fix a few things and now it's having problems again. We're thinking that he just needs a new battery but we aren't sure.
I'm really surprised I didn't throw a tantrum on the side of the road. I was pretty calm the whole time! I kept thinking "I knew this was going to happen, oh well!" Poor Todd woke up really tired this morning from pushing the motorcycle up the hills.
Maybe after Dakota gets his bike fixed we'll try again. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment