This week at camp a horrible accident happened. We lost a scout in a scuba diving incident. Somehow the scout had become separated from his group and the staff was called down to the water front to do a lost swimmer search. Never in my life did I ever think I would have to look for a lost swimmer. We searched for 20 mins or so and when we found him he was rushed to the Logan Hospital where he was pronounced dead. I can't describe to you the saddness I felt for this boy, his family, his friends, his leaders, troop and the rest of the staff. We did everything we could and nobody is at fault, it was just an accident we couldn't stop from happening. Even though I only saw this boy once, I still felt as though I had lost a close friend. I know that he is in a better place now and that Heavenly Father has a plan for him. If it hadn't been this young scouts time to die, we would have found him in time.
His family and friends are in my prayers as they go through this trial. They were one of the best troops we have had at camp this summer and I wish them the best in everything they do. I will never forget them and the sweet spirit that they brought to camp.
We flew the flags at half-mast for the rest of the week in honor of him.
"God be with you til we meet again."
No comments:
Post a Comment