A weekend with Family


This weekend has been soo crazy! We had so much fun though.
We left camp on Thursday night because we needed to wake up early on Friday to get some shopping done and to have our car inspected so we can register it. So Friday morning we registered the car (It passed wooo!) and then ran some small errands. Then Friday evening we went to my dear friend Shersti's wedding. I wish I had pictures but I forgot my camera! Drat! Her reception was beautiful. Her colors were black, teal, and orange. So cute! We're so excited for them to move down to St. George so we can hang out! It will be a blast. Congrats Shersti and Kurt!

Saturday my cousin Amber had her baby shower. I love baby showers. I think they are so fun! Plus, since we live in St. George, we don't get to see extended family as often so I look forward to any and all opportunities I have to see them.

(I just want to let you all know that the diaper has a melted candy bar in it..)

Dawson's Birthday bash on Saturday was a lot of fun. He turned two! I can't believe it. I remember holding him when he was a tiny baby. Now he has two baby sisters. Anyway, we went over to Paul and Amy's house to watch Dawson open his presents and to eat cake and ice cream. He got a new Hotwheels trike, a helmet (he loves helmets.. which isn't a bad thing), and a cool picnic table. I was snapping pictures left and right of all the kids playing. Kids are so much fun to photograph. I think if I stick with photography I will lean more towards the portrait/family side of photography.


After that Todd & I went perusing through Antique stores with my dad. I have been looking for an old milk/dairy can for weeks now. Curious as to why I would want an old dairy can? Well, my mom found one while visiting us in St. George and turned it into this:

Cute right?! Now I want one of my very own. So we went out with my dad on a mission to find one. Take a look at what we came up with:

I am excited to get some decorative flowers to put in my new dairy can.

We also found one of these:

This is a 1937 Coleman lantern.

For those of you who don't know my father, he collects old Coleman lanterns and restores them. It's a hobby of his. He's got 39 lanterns hanging in our garage that he has saved from Antique stores and yard sales. So if you have any Coleman lanterns that you don't really want, let me know! I have the perfect home for them. :)


After we got back from shopping around with my dad, we headed over to Todd's parents house to celebrate Todd's birthday. Yup, that's right! It's my dear sweet husband's birthday tomorrow (Monday) and he is turning 25! Whoo! So we went over to have dinner and hang out. His mom made him his favorite meal (Lasagna and bread sticks) and we ate more cake. yumm! I'm so glad I have such a great husband. He is the best!


Today, we went to church with Paul & Amy to watch the twins, Brynne & Annie, get their baby blessings. So tender. These girls have been through so much! They are so tough. We love them both with all of our hearts.

Now, in just a few short hours, we have to report back to camp. The summer is fading away so quickly I can't believe it. Soon we'll be back in St. George soaking up the sun and sitting by the pool. Well, hopefully our next place has a pool! We almost signed a lease to rent a condo but backed out at the last second because we just didn't feel right about the price. So the hunt for a place to live continues. We've got our eyes on a couple of places still so keep your fingers crossed for us!


1 comment: