37 & a half weeks

This baby is almost here! I can't believe it.

Last Friday I went to see the doctor and I was measuring at 2cm and was 75% effaced. So I said, "What does that mean?" and he replied "It means I have a feeling your baby will be here early." Do they say these things just to drive us crazy? I think so.

He did, however, say that I would probably be close to my due date but I definitely wouldn't go past it. So now everyday I wake up thinking, "Is today the day?" It drives me a little bonkers. On top of that, the last few days my Braxton Hicks contractions (or practice contractions) have returned so I'm trying to keep track of those and I keep wondering if I'll know when they go from "practice" to real. Everyone tells me i'll know, so I hope they are right. ha ha.

During the last week or so I've really been craving milk and peanut butter. Sometimes I find myself in the kitchen with a glass of milk, a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. Totally not like me. Don't get me wrong, I like peanut butter but I have never been one to actively seek it out. I usually only eat peanut butter on sandwiches or in cookies and such. I've always loved milk too but I literally drank a whole gallon this last weekend all by myself. That is a lot of milk for one person to consume. I also devoured a whole package of thin mint cookies by myself this last weekend... but we won't talk about that. ha! (I had to eat something with all that milk I was drinking, right?)

Baby girl is measuring right on and is still an active wiggler. She also hiccups a lot. Poor thing! It makes me wonder if she is going to have the hiccups a lot once she is here. I guess we'll see!

So now we are just waiting to see how early this baby feels like coming. When people ask me, "when are you due?" I say, "any day now!" But i'm pretty sure I've got at least another week of waiting. At least. I really want a November baby though so I hope I can hold out until then, but who knows, the little one is in charge.

1 comment:

  1. Katelyn had the hiccups almost everyday in my tummy and gets them about once a day now so chances are your baby will be the same :) I can't wait to meet my niece!! I will finally get to be the Aunt now! :)

    ReplyDelete