8 weeks to go..

Today, I am 32 weeks and 3 days along (to be specific).

I am feeling miserable lately. All of a sudden I have these yucky symptoms (some are new, some are making a second appearance):
-stiff neck
-cramping legs in the middle of the night. Youch!
-clogged sinuses and stuffy nose
-my back is starting to tell me its finally had enough of this pregnancy.
-hot flashes much?
-I can't sleep through the night to save my life.
-my head aches.
-I kinda feel like I've had a cold for the last week or so.
-I am constantly short of breath.

The good news is:
-I don't have swollen feet. woo!
-I don't have to pee every 30 mins.
-My heartburn is finally under control (for the most part, definitely an improvement)
-I don't have Gestational Diabetes!

I'm hoping that I start feeling better in the next couple days. I really don't know if I have a small cold or if its just the pregnancy but its no fun at all. I think part of the problem is I don't really rest much. I work a lot, do physical therapy for a couple hours twice a week (usually) and when I'm not working or at therapy i'm usually cleaning my house. I can't seem to get myself to sit down and relax. I'm always thinking ahead and planning what I need to clean/organize next or how many loads of laundry I could get done in 2 hours. It's crazy! My dad is a busy body too and i'm pretty sure I inherited it from him but I feel like the pregnancy has made it worse. Todd calls it "nesting". I'm getting to the point though where I think I need to start slowing down a bit. I'm just so exhausted all the time. Every time I think that though I feel lazy.

This weekend we're going up north for my baby showers. We are leaving Thursday night and Friday I plan on sitting around all day. I'm super excited to see all of my wonderful family and friends and to just relax (hopefully).

Pregnancy is harder than I thought it would be, but at the same time its amazing. Feeling my little girl wiggle and squirm inside me is just so amazing. I still don't know how the human body can take such a beating though! It's incredible! I'm getting more and more anxious/excited for baby to be here and hoping time goes quickly, just not too quick.


P.S. I've had people asking if we have a named picked out yet, and we don't. We have a few ideas but we're not deciding until we see her adorable face.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment