
Todd and I ventured up north this weekend to say goodbye to Grandpa Ford. Grandpa Ford was such a great man. I, being new to the family, didn't have the opportunity of getting to know grandpa very well, I loved him as my grandpa the minute I met him as if I'd known him my whole life. He radiated so much kindness and love it was just so nice to be with him. I wish I'd had the chance to come to know Henry Ford better, but i know we'll be great friends when we see each other in heaven some day. We love you grandpa! :)
Along with spending the day with the Ford side of the family, I also had the pleasure of going to the all famous Miller Family Reunion. ...WOW. I thought my family was big until I met this bunch. They are crazy and so much fun! I'm pretty sure its going to take me months if not years to learn everyone's names and even then I'll probably get people mixed up, but I'm so excited to get to know everyone! I guess the next time I'm going to see everyone will be the 4th
While we were up north, we also decided to go to the Living Planet Aquarium because they have a new penguin exhibit and my mom decided to tag along! If you know me well, you know that I LOVE penguins! They are by far my most favorite animal (besides the pebble toad.. ha ha). The aquarium was small but it had some pretty cool exhibits! Plus, there was a play ground that Todd and I just couldn't resist..
The penguins were adorable and so active! Ya know when you go to a zoo, and the animals just sit there and don't do anything? Kinda like they are bored with their life? Well, its not like that at the aquarium (at least with the penguins.. some of the fish were quite lame..)
Overall, its been a good weekend. We've celebrated the wonderful life of grandpa Henry and we were able to spend quality time with family. :) Now.. its back to school..
No comments:
Post a Comment